Wednesday 6 February 2019

WELCOME TO WAI-ITI 2019

We're delighted to welcome you to the new year in Wai-iti. We have given out a paper copy of our first newsletter outlining routines and requests for the start of the year. Let's know if you can't find it! 

We wanted you all to know a little bit about us so we've shared somethings below. Kirsty Hay would like the children to call her Kirsty and I like to be called Mrs Campbell by the children but happy for parents to call me Tracy. We are also very lucky this year to have teacher-aide Matt Robinson joining us each morning. He's happy to be called Matt.

KIRSTY
My name is Kirsty Hay and I have been teaching for over 16 years at a variety of levels and schools. I am very lucky to be teaching at Waimairi School, I thoroughly enjoy the supportive families and amazing staff and of course the enthusiastic children.

I live with my husband Pete and our two boys, Angus is 11 and has just started Intermediate and Quinn is 9 and in Year 5. As a family, we are very busy with lots of sports, including rugby, soccer, basketball, cricket and I even manage to play hockey each week too.

We enjoy lots of camping throughout the year and we spend lots of time with our extended family too.

I am looking forward to getting to know you and your family this year, please don't hesitate to email or come and see either Tracy or myself with any queries.

MRS CAMPBELL
 A very warm welcome to you all.  This is my nineth year at Waimairi as a teacher but many years ago I was a parent at Waimairi and it has always had a wonderfully supportive community.  

I did my teaching degree when my children were young. My husband Michael feels he trained as a teacher also as he is often roped into cutting out, hammering nails, drilling screws, painting… you get the picture! 

We have three grown children. Helen is 26 and a dentist, Matt is 25 and a project manager and Nathan is 23 and in the process of applying for the New Zealand Police. Helen has her first home so we are often helping out there. Matt and Nathan are keen basketballers so don’t be surprised if some basketball stories come home from time to time. 
Every year I say my goal is to improve my golf swing but actually it’s to develop a golf swing. I’ll let you know how that works out for me!
As Kirsty said we’re really looking forward to getting to know your children and your family and our door is always open. 

MATT
Hello my name is Matthew but everyone calls me Matt. I have been a teacher aide at Waimari for a year and a half. I’m originally from England and I really love being a part of the Waimairi Community. My two sons also attend our school. I’m really looking forward to this year watching our amazing rebuild and working with Kirsty and Tracy! In my spare time I enjoy watching Football and Cricket, reading, listening to my vinyl collection and cooking for my family and friends. I can also be found riding my mountain bike from time to time.

THE BLOG
 We will be using the blog to let you know about events that are happening in Wai-iti or the school. Please check it regularly. As detailed in our paper newsletter you can enter your e-mail on this page and you will receive the updates as they happen. Once we have started our project work we will also publish the creations that are made in Wai-iti by the children.

SWIMMING
Our swimming days are Tuesdays and Fridays. All children will need their togs on these days and please name clothing as we are getting changed at the pool.

Enjoy Waitangi Day.

Many thanks 
Kirsty, Tracy and Matt



No comments:

Post a Comment